Lodge a Private Building Surveyor building permit

Private Building Surveyors can lodge building permit applications online, via mail or directly at any of our Customer Service Centres.

Please note: These activities can only be undertaken by Private Building Surveyors. If you wish to apply for a building permit as a property owner, please refer to the information provided on our building permits page.

Preparing to lodge

Before lodging please ensure you have prepared and obtained all the necessary information required for the permit including all documents and plans in relation to these works.

Applying online

Select the Building Permit you wish to lodge:

Private Building Surveyor Building Permits - Domestic

Private Building Surveyor Building Permits - Commercial

Section 80

Certificate of Occupancy/Final Certificate

Additional documentation in relation to an existing Private Building Survey Building Permit

In person or by mail

You can visit:

  • the Building Office at 92-100 Brougham Street, Geelong - Office Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday

  • any of our Customer Service Centres during opening hours

Post your lodgement to PO Box 104, Geelong VIC 3220

What happens next?

We will register the details of your lodgement.

Print Page last updated: Friday, 9 December 2016