Tuesday, 12 November 2019
An Independent Panel has
been appointed to review submissions. It will conduct a Panel Hearing commencing on 12 November 2019.
After the hearing, the
Panel usually takes 4-8 weeks to provide its report back to Council.
A copy of the timetable
for the Panel Hearing and copies of Expert Witness Statements will be posted
below under “Panel Hearing Documents”.
Council considered a report on the submissions to this Amendment on 24 September 2019 and resolved to refer them to an Independent Panel.
A copy of the report to Council is provided below under "Supporting documents".
Anyone who made a submission will be notified about the Panel Hearing (the first step is a Directions Hearing) and given an opportunity to present to the Panel.
Public exhibition of
Amendment C395 has now closed.
The next step is for a report on submissions to
be prepared and considered by Council at the meeting date shown above. The
Council agenda and minutes are published here.
In October 2018 Council adopted the City of Greater Geelong Settlement Strategy. In March 2019 Council adopted the Northern and Western Geelong Growth Areas Framework Plan. This amendment seeks to implement these documents into the Planning Scheme.
The changes proposed by the amendment include:
- Minor changes to Clauses 21.03 Objectives – Strategies - Implementation, 21.11 Armstrong Creek Urban Growth Area and 21.16 Anakie to reflect the Framework Plan.
- Replace the Municipal Framework Plan at Clause 21.04 to implement the Settlement Strategy.
- Replace and amend Clauses 21.06 Settlement and Housing, 21.08 Development and Community Infrastructure and 21.14 The Bellarine Peninsula to implement the Settlement Strategy.
- A new Clause 21.20 Northern and Western Geelong Growth Areas to implement the Framework Plan.
- Rezone land in the Northern and Western Growth Areas from Rural Living, Farming, Public Park and Recreation and Industrial 1 Zones to the Urban Growth Zone.
The new planning scheme clauses and zoning maps are below under 'Amendment Documents'.
An Information Sheet and Council Meeting Minutes can be found below under 'Supporting Documents'.
The Settlement Strategy can be found under 'Supporting Documents' below. To view further information and background on the Settlement Strategy Click Here.
The Northern & Western
Geelong Growth Areas Framework Plan can be found under 'Supporting Documents' below.
To view the 'Technical Reports' that informed the preparation of the Framework Plan Click Here.
To view further information and background on the Northern & Western Geelong Growth Areas project Click Here.
Distinctive Area and Landscapes Program
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
(DELWP) is currently working to declare the Bellarine Peninsula a Distinctive
Area and Landscape under the Planning and
Environment Act 1987.This process will set long-term settlement boundaries and
review height controls within townships on the Bellarine. Further information on this separate process
can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the relationship between this amendment and the Distinctive Area and Landscapes Program can be viewed under 'Supporting Documents'.