The commercial wheelie bin waste service is a fee based service for businesses, schools and Not For Profit organisations.
All enquiries regarding new commercial waste services please contact Customer Service on 03 5272 5272.
The commercial waste service assists businesses, schools and Not For Profit organisations in disposing of their waste in an environmentally friendly way.
Collection schedule and the number of bins will be based around your waste needs.
Conditions of use
- The applicant shall maintain the bin in a sound, clean and odour-free condition suitable for collection.
- The bin will be labelled by Council with the business name and property address as shown on the registration form.
- The bin will be delivered to the property on receipt of the registration form by the Commercial Waste Collection Service.
- The applicant must ensure that all waste for collection is contained within the MGB.
- All accounts must be paid within 30 days, failure to do so will result in cancellation of the service.
- The application is bound by any amendments that may be made by Council at any time to the conditions controlling this service.
- The charges quoted are current and may be adjusted annually to reflect changes in the CPI.
- The applicant shall give the Council at least seven days notice in writing if the service is to be discontinued at the completion of the term covered by payment.
- Bins remain the property of Council and are removed from the site once cancellation of service is confirmed.
- Bins are to be placed in a location accessible to collection vehicles prior to allocated collection days.
- Council can undertake an audit of commercial bin / bins during the course of the agreement. Breaches of the prohibited materials found in commercial waste bins may result in penalties being imposed in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Slops, liquid waste, night soil, toxic chemicals, hazardous or offensive waste.
- Oil, fuel, paint, solvents, transmission/brake fluid, poison, pharmaceuticals, acids, alkalis, extinguishers, gas cylinders, fertilisers, solvent based glues, battery acid, batteries and like stances.
- Syringes, needles or any infectious material including any sharp object contaminated with human tissue.
- Any materials that may damage the MGB or the collection vehicle and its equipment.
- Prescribed waste pursuant to the Environment Protection Act.
- Medical waste excluding dialysis waste.