The Regional Industry Sector Employment program (RISE) is a collaborative program that connects job seekers with construction industry employment opportunities through training, recruitment, mentoring and support.
RISE was developed to solve skill shortages in the local construction industry.
The program engages and supports participants with the training, work experience and mentoring they need to choose the right trade and improve their chances of achieving long-term employment.
RISE graduates are fully equipped for a construction industry apprenticeship, with a Certificate II in Construction Pathways, White Card and Personal Protective Equipment.
RISE connects, mentors and supports from start to finish.
Benefits for employers
Working together, we have a greater ability to train a sustainable workforce in Geelong:
- RISE graduates are ready to take the next step a construction-industry apprenticeship with formal training, skills and experience
- RISE includes training in a variety of trades to provide graduates with broad knowledge and skills and help them choose the right trade
- RISE partnerships provide collaborative, centralised access to expert advice and support to help you find the right apprentice for your business
- RISE includes post-placement support and mentoring to increase participation and retention in apprenticeship programs
- RISE graduates have demonstrated their reliability, capacity to travel, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
Skilled and work-ready graduates
RISE prepares graduates with the training, skills and experience they need for a construction industry apprenticeship:
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Construction Induction White Card
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Measurements and calculations
- Workplace communication
- Planning and organising work
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Working effectively in the construction industry
- Using tools, materials and equipment
- Trade skills – bricklaying, carpentry, joinery, painting, plastering and more
- Construction site tours
- Work experience
- Mentoring and support