Calling all kids 12 years and under! Enter your details (or get Mum or Dad to do it for you) for your chance to win a chance to flick the switch and turn on Geelong’s Floating Christmas Tree on Friday 8 November!
Ten finalists will be randomly drawn.
Each finalist and their immediate family will receive access to an exclusive area at the opening night event to enjoy the show. One lucky child will be randomly drawn on the night to flick the switch alongside Santa and our event hosts.
Entries open: NOW!
Entries close: 12pm Wednesday 30 October
Competition drawn: 12:30pm Wednesday 30 October
Winners will be contacted privately and announced on the Events Geelong Facebook page. T&Cs apply.
Complete the entry forms below.
Step 1: Child's details
Step 2: Parent's consent form
Terms and conditions
By participating in this competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Promoter is Greater Geelong City Council;
- The competition commences at 6.00am on Friday 4 October, 2019 and closes at 12 noon on Wednesday 30 October, 2019;
- Entries received after the closing date and time will be deemed ineligible;
- Entry is open to residents who reside in the G21 Region only (being the municipal districts of the Borough of Queenscliff, City of Greater Geelong, Colac Otway Shire, Golden Plains Shire and Surf Coast Shire);
- Entrants must be 12years old or under as at 8 November, 2019;
- To enter, entrants are required to complete the online entry form at www.geelongaustralia.com.au, including their full name, contact phone number and email address;
- Entry into the competition is limited to one entry per person. Each entry must include the Consent Form completed and signed by the entrant’s parent or guardian;
- At 12.30pm on Wednesday 30 October, 2019 ten winning finalists will be randomly drawn and notified by either telephone or email, with their names and postcodes published online at www.geelongaustralia.com.au/christmas on Monday 4 November, 2019;
- Each finalist will receive entry into the draw to win the chance to “flick the switch” on the Geelong Floating Christmas Tree with Santa and exclusive vantage point to see the lighting of the Christmas Tree on Friday 8 November, 2019;
- On Friday 8 November 2019 one winner will be drawn by random from a Santa Sack at the Carousel on the Geelong Waterfront at approximately 8:55pm All winning finalists must be present in the VIP area to take part in the “flick of the switch” draw. Each finalist can bring their immediate family with them to the VIP area;
- The entrant drawn and announced will then “flick the switch” to turn on the lights of the Geelong Floating Christmas Tree with Santa at approximately 9:00pm. The winning entrant must be present on the night to claim its prize;
- The Promoter reserves the right to request any winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency to claim their prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter;
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid;
- The use of false names (being names by which the entrant is not usually known) or false addresses will result in disqualification;
- The Promoter’s decision is final;
- By entering the competition, entrants consent to receiving marketing material from the Promoter;
- The prize will be deemed unclaimed if it is not collected or if the entrant is not present at the draw as and when directed by the Promoter. The Promoter retains the discretion to re-draw the prize if unclaimed or the winning entrant is not present to claim its prize;
- If the competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, (including vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike or inclement weather) the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant; or
- to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and cannot be assigned to another person;
- The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including but not limited to, the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
- any entry, prize or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value from that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by an entrant or winner or use of the prize.
- Staff of the Promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter;