For your information, we list below our terms and conditions for the use of our social media pages, which you can access in several ways.
Social media community guidelines
Importantly, we reserve the right to permanently block or ban access to anyone who violates our terms and conditions.
- Be tolerant: Please respect the opinions of others and don't take disagreements personally. Don’t harass, abuse, troll or threaten on our page. We reserve the right to delete comments if we deem them unsuitable, and possibly ban you from future access.
- Keep it clean: Please don’t post sexually explicit material or obscene language. We will remove any such comments as soon as we detect them, and could also ban you from future access.
- Be respectful: We will not tolerate any comments that denigrate a person or group on the basis of their ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality or age. We will promptly remove any such posts, and possibly ban you from future access.
- Make it legal: We regularly monitor this page on a daily basis, and will immediately remove any comments we believe could be defamatory, or breach other laws (such as the Copyright Act).
- Spam ban: We will ban spammers immediately.
Please enjoy our page, and we look forward to answering your questions and providing you with the latest City news.
It is advisable that users ascertain the currency of information immediately prior to use.
Opinions expressed are those of the contributor only, and do not represent the official views of the City of Greater Geelong. The City of Greater Geelong accepts no liability for the content, and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the information contained on its social media sites.
Links to external websites and other social media sites are provided as a convenience to users. Such sites and associated content are not under the control of the City of Greater Geelong. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of that website, service or social media site by the City of Greater Geelong. The City of Greater Geelong is not responsible for the content or reliability of links, or for any loss or inconvenience arising from their use.
The City of Greater Geelong reserves the right to permanently remove unsuitable content from its social media sites and accepts no liability for any loss or damage caused by, or in connection with, such removal.
The City of Greater Geelong reserves the right to remove any abusive or offensive content/comments from its pages.