Interested in running for council in October 2020?
Curious about what it takes to be a candidate but unsure of the commitment both in time, energy and finances?
Join Ruth McGowan OAM, author and experienced independent political campaigner as she helps you decide whether running for public office is for you. Ruth will share her expert advice on how to plan a successful campaign to win.
If you’re interested in standing for the next local government election, want to support someone else’s campaign, or would simply like to learn more, then this half-day workshop is for you.
• Discover how to make a difference through local politics
• Gain an awareness of the emotional, financial and physical commitments required
• Map a campaign with time frames, communication plan and activities and prepare a campaign budget
• Find out what skills are required to be a councillor and run a campaign
• Learn how to develop and refine your message and communications
• Leave the workshop with an action plan ready to implement
How to Get Elected; A workshop for women
Date: 29 February
Cost: $40 [Includes morning tea, lunch and a take home Ruth McGowan resource]
Location: Geelong Library, 5th Floor, 51 Little Malop Street.
Tickets are selling fast! If you would like to join us, click the below link to secure your booking.
Further details contact: Jennie Schoof firstname.lastname@example.org or 5272 5272
29 February 2020, 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Geelong Library, 5th Floor
51 Little Malop Street
Catering and/or dining