Deputy Mayor Peter Murrihy ran for council because he believes he can make a positive difference for Geelong.
Councillor Murrihy moved to Geelong over 38 years ago for work and has married and raised his three daughters here. As well as having close friends in Geelong, he and his family love the proximity Geelong has to Melbourne and also the Great Ocean Road to Lorne.
Councillor Murrihy wants to achieve unity on the council to ensure everybody is working effectively and efficiently together to strive for some common goals.
Councillor Murrihy's favourite thing about Geelong is the real sense of community and its people.
- Social and Infrastructure Planning (Co-Chair)
- Tourism and Events (Deputy Chair)
- Central Geelong Marketing Committee
- Geelong Major Events
- Geelong Regional Library Corporation
- G21 Sports and Recreation Pillar
- CEO Employment Matters Committee
- Central Administrative Office Advisory Committee
- Tourism Greater Geelong and The Bellarine Inc
If you would like to make a comment about a service, or require information or action in relation to an issue, you can: