The health and safety of our community is vital. We will address family violence, homelessness, food shortages and public safety.
- Showing leadership in gender equity, diversity and family violence prevention.
- Supporting local organisations that address homelessness, family violence and food shortages.
- Develop a housing policy to provide a range of social and affordable housing options.
- Improving safety in our community.
- Providing safer public spaces.
- Working with stakeholders to prevent crime.
- Encouraging responsible pet ownership.
- Promoting healthy eating and supporting active living.
- Creating healthy environments in children’s settings.
- Working towards having the safest roads in Victoria
Our aims in 2018-2019
- Consult with the community on safety issues that are impacting them.
- Improve safety of, and user satisfaction with, community infrastructure.
- Improve public safety on the Geelong Waterfront and in Central Geelong.
- Consult with the community to create more health and fitness options.
Measures of success
- 57 per cent of
residents feel safe where they live.
- 60 per cent of
adults rate their health as very good or excellent.
- 43 per cent of
adults are sufficiently physically
per cent of children enrolled participate
in the Maternal and Child Health service