We want to recognise all members of the Geelongcommunity and not leave
- Advocating for, and
helping to achieve, the priorities set by local
- Improving our engagement with our culturally diverse population.
- Supporting activities that improve social connections in our community.
- Promoting gender equity and diversity in our sporting and leisure facilities, and programs.
- Facilitating employment programs for the communities that need it most, including young people.
- Improving access to facilities and programs for
people of all abilities.
- Recognising our returned service men and women.
- Further developing programs that support older people and young people in our community.
- Advocating for inclusive, multicultural activities and respect
for cultural diversity.
Our aims in 2018-2019
- Provide a grants
scheme to fund community groups, and initiatives that promote inclusion and accessibility.
- Renew the Kareenga Aboriginal Action Plan, Multicultural
Action Plan and Municipal Early Years Plan.
- Create a framework to support social and charitable groups.
Measures of success
- 60 per cent of
adults definitely feel
multiculturalism makes life better.
- 75 per cent of
adults attending a local community event.
- 80 per cent of
adults feel that they can get help from family, friends or neighbours when needed.
- More of community
facilities with gender-neutral and accessible toilets, or change areas.