We are currently developing a Social Housing Plan that will plan for social housing needs in the municipality through to 2036.
The Department of Housing and Human Services has provided funding to us to engage with providers of and users of social housing to identify needs and explore options for the future provision of high-quality, accessible social housing available in our city.
Engagement has now closed and work has commenced on a draft plan that will be released later this year for comment.
During the engagement period, we hosted a community forum with a panel of experts including:
- Lisa Briggs - CEO, Wathaurong Aboriginal Corporation
- Ken Marchingo AM - CEO, Haven Home Safe
- Madeline Di Pietrantonio - City of Kingston
- Janine Shelley - former CEO North Geelong Rental Housing Cooperative
- Jeanette Large - CEO Women's Property Initiative.
Listen to the podcast from this forum below.
Audience questions from this forum are addressed below.