Our Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2018–2021 (the Health and Wellbeing Plan) aligns with the Council Plan - Putting Our Community First 2018–2022. It is informed by analysis of international, national, state and regional policies, population and health data and the views of partners and community.
A comprehensive summary of this analysis can be found in the attached companion document to this Health and Wellbeing Plan – Demographics and Health Profile Background Document.
Our goals for 2018–2021
Based on our policy, data, partner and community involvement, we have identified the following goals:
- Supporting Social Connection to Improve Mental Health
- Increasing Participation in Physical Activity
- Improving Access to Safe and Healthy Local Environments, Services and Food
- Increasing Community Safety and Preventing Violence and Injury.
Our strategies align to these goals and include measurable actions that will deliver:
- people-centred impacts: putting people, families and communities at the centre of our efforts
- place-based impacts: designing and delivering healthy places where people live, learn, work and play and
- healthy and sustainable environments: reflecting the connection between health and liveable neighbourhoods.
We will review our Health and Wellbeing Plan annually to ensure that our strategies remain relevant to:
- emerging information on social and health equity outcomes
- effective partnerships and engagement with priority population groups and places, aimed at fully understanding the needs and obstacles experienced in accessing services and facilities and
- the needs and obstacles faced by priority population groups and places when planning services, infrastructure and communication.