Apply for Demolition Report and Consent

The report and consent of the Council must be obtained to demolish a building.

This consent is required if the proposed demolition of a building is more than 50% volume of a building and/or the proposed demolition forms any part of the façade of a building.

A demolition permit must be obtained prior to commencing work.  This is a requirement under Section 16 of the Building Act 1993.

When lodging your application you will need to submit a completed application form, a site plan showing what is being demolished as well as the distance from the demolition works to the boundaries and a credit card authorization form - these can be emailed to [email protected]

Page last updated: Tuesday, 4 August 2020