Do you want to be involved in planning and preparing for emergencies? Do you have a passion for the protection and well-being of your community?
We are seeking two community representatives on a volunteer basis to join the Greater Geelong Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee (MEMPC) for a two year period.
The MEMPC membership includes council, emergency response agencies (such as VicPol, CFA, SES), recovery agencies and local industry representatives. It is a collaborative committee primarily responsible for planning and preparing for emergencies.
Members participating in the MEMPC do so with a partnership approach, providing advice and making decisions in the best interest of the residents of Geelong.
What is your role?
As a Community Representative/s volunteer and member of the MEMPC, you must, in good faith, represent all areas and all communities of the Greater Geelong municipality. You are required (at a minimum) to attend four meetings per year, provide input at those meetings and receive/send correspondence to/from the MEMPC.
Meetings are held either virtually
via MS Teams or ‘in person’ at a designated location.
What can community representatives expect from the MEMPC?
Your role is on a volunteer basis and Volunteering Australia outlines the following basic rights of volunteers:
- To work in a healthy and safe environment
- To be interviewed and engaged in accordance with equal opportunity legislation
- To be adequately covered by insurance
- To be provided with orientation to the committee and
- To have your confidential and personal information dealt with in accordance with the principles of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
Expressions of interest (EOIs)will be assessed against the following criteria by a panel of current MEMPC representatives:
- demonstrated experience in community engagement/involvement or experience/involvement in community-based committees
- the ability to access networks and stakeholder groups within the community.
To express your interest...
Please submit your interest via the online form.
EOIs close at 5:00pm on Thursday 26 August 2021.
Need to know more...
For more information please email [email protected].