As you explore our site and discover more about our culture and our
people, you'll see this is an open, collaborative workplace full of
supportive and passionate people. A place where you can demonstrate
and develop your talents, and make a real contribution to our community.
Our values represent who we are and who we aspire to be. They are the
tools to create the workplace culture we want. We are all accountable
Our employees tell us that the main perk of working for the City is
the satisfaction they get from serving and working with the community.
There are also many other perks and benefits of working at the City.
- Competitive salaries
- EA and performance based salary increases
- Salary sacrificing of superannuation, membership at a City operated leisure centre, and child care fees at a City operated centre
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly and fortnightly RDO options (in specified work areas)
- 14 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Training and career development activities
- Study assistance
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Discounted leisure centre memberships at our award winning Swim, Sport and Leisure facilities.
- Social Club
The City provides and supports opportunities for all employees to develop
the skills, knowledge and capabilities to effectively perform in their
position and as an employee of our organisation.
Our Learning and Culture Team designs, coordinates and facilitates various
training programs for our employees and produces an annual calendar of
programs based around learning, wellbeing and personal development.
Career development will mean something different to each person. Some people
will be seeking their first employment opportunity with us; some will be
seeking a step up from their current role, and some will be transitioning into
retirement. Regardless of where you are at in your career, we have a holistic
Career Pathways framework with options for you.
We are a large, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion
– to deliver outstanding services to our community.