|Assessment and approval and reassessment of approved family day care venues and family day care residences policy
||r116(3)(a); r117; r169(2)(a); r176(a)(b)
||6 December 2018
||8 November 2019
|Responsible Officer: Clare Thompson
To ensure the safety, wellbeing and education of children.
Family Day Care Co-ordination Unit and Family Day Care Contract Educator’s residences and/or venues.
- Education and Care Services National Law Act, 2010 and Education and Care Services National Law Amendment Act 2017
- Education and Care Services National Regulations, 2012 and Education and Care Services National Amendment Regulations 2017
- National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care and School Age Care (2017)
4. Council Policy
The City of Greater Geelong FDC Co-ordination unit acknowledges the importance of assessing and reassessing the suitability of Contract Educator’s environments. The service will conduct a thorough residence/venue inspection prior to registering all new Contract Educators, and also complete a yearly compliance audit in line with the Contract Educators Service Agreement.
The family day care Co-ordination unit will conduct an assessment process to be followed to ensure the family day care residence and/or venue ensures the health, safety and wellbeing of children is protected.
The process includes:
- Initial Home Information Visit
- 1st Home Safety Visit
- 2nd Home Safety Visit
- Reassessment - Annual Compliance Audit
- Ongoing Compliance – during routine support visits
- Daily monitoring by Contract Educators
- Assessment of all equipment
- Safety Glass
- Renovation/Building works (Includes Hazardous Materials)
All hazards, potential hazards or non-compliances will be identified and addressed immediately upon observation and have minimal timelines applied for correction. In the event that the danger is life threatening or deemed potentially catastrophic in nature, the service will suspend operation until it is corrected.
5. Quality Records
- ECEC individual service handbook