You may register your interest online to become a Family Day Care Contract Educator.
Family Day Care Contract Educators are able to care for 4 children not attending school and 3 children attending school (including your own children).
To register your interest to become a Family Day Care Educator, please complete the online form below:
Family Day Care Educator online registration
We follow these steps after receiving your online registration:
- Online application form is emailed out once completed and submitted
- First interview and assessment conducted by two staff, including written assessment
- Reference checks (both referees should be professional referees and preferably someone who has supervised you in the work place- not relatives or friends)
- First home safety check conducted by two staff (home may require safety modifications, meeting family members, residents)
- Second home safety check/re-check involving home being set up for children, to assess the educator's knowledge of child development
- Evidence of current Early childhood qualification (minimum Certificate 3 in Children's Services)
- National criminal record check for applicant and all other family members/residents over the age of 18 (required to be updated every 3 years)
- Working with children check for all residents over 18 prior to commencement
- Medical check with own doctor - a letter for your doctor detailing requirements for the position will be provided to you for this purpose
- Check of up-to-date immunisation history of all pre-school children living with the Family Day Care home (required unless medically exempt)
- Vehicle check by authorised restraint fitter to check condition of seat belts, etc and to ensure child restaints fit correctly, if you are wanting to transport children.
- Attendance at an orientation session to be advised of all operational requirements, policies and procedures and to receive a resource manual
- Visit the Australian Federal Police website for current fees relating to obtaining National criminal checks
- Visit the Working with Children website for the latest fees for this check
- Medical check is at your own cost
- A three month probationary period applies on commencement
- Public liability insurance is required, which includes landlords liability insurance - visit Family Day Care Australia for more information
- A strong understanding of the National Education and Care Services Regulations and Law Act along with the National Quality Standard and an ability to complete a full cycle of planning and documentation is important.