Food business - Trade waste

All food businesses will have wastewater as a result of their operations that is not ordinary domestic waste water.  

It is liquid waste and usually contains substances such as chemicals, grease, oil and solids. This is referred to as trade waste.

Barwon Water is responsible for this waste water and supports this part of food businesses procedures.

You should be fully aware of your obligations in relation to your trade waste and Barwon Water's Trade Waste page has the information you will need.

If you discharge trade waste you will need to have a trade waste agreement with Barwon Water.

Page last updated: Monday, 24 June 2019