StreaTrader - Mobile and Temporary Food Registration

Temporary and Mobile food businesses can choose to use an on line state-wide registration system called StreaTrader.

Some mobile and temporary food businesses, that are registered under the Food Act 1984 with City of Greater Geelong can also register on the Department of Health and Human Services - Streatrader system.

Streatrader is not related to road side trading.


Who can use this system?

Businesses that are:

  • registered as a mobile food premises, such as coffee cart, food trucks or water carters
  • temporary or off site set ups like marquees or market stalls.

Community and not for profit groups who: 

  • operate a mobile food premise or temporary/off site set up, like a marquee.

What you can do

If you are a new mobile or temporary food business, the registration process through Streatrader is the same as applying directly to us for Food Act registration

If you are an existing temporary or mobile food business and you want to register on Streatrader, so that you can trade outside the City of Greater Geelong, we can approve your application quickly if all the details are the same as registered with us, such as the classification and type of food, as well as the business details.

What we will do

As a new business, we will assess your application and contact you on the number you have provided, so it is important that this is a current, accessible phone number. Alternatively we may email you and ask for further information such as plans or photos. This generally takes up to 14 working days.

When your business is approved for food safety and registration payment has been received you will receive confirmation that you can trade. Trading without registration under the Food Act may result in penalty infringement or legal action.

Ongoing businesses with StreaTrader accounts

Trading sites

When you want to trade at an event or market, you can lodge a Statement of Trade. This is done by logging onto your account and entering or selecting the details of the event/s with the dates you will be attending.

You can lodge multiple Statements of Trade. These Statements of Trade are approved by the Council where you are trading, so ensure you have selected the correct Council.


Food Businesses registered with us as their Principal Council will receive their renewal notices in the usual manner. You will not receive your renewal through Streatrader.

Learn more about Food and Health registration renewals.

When you have paid your annual renewal, we will update your details in Streatrader, this will occur after you have paid. However, you can lodge Statements of Trade past the date that your renewal is due, that is: past 31 December.

The Environmental Health Unit is available to assist any food business with enquiries relating to Streatrader

Page last updated: Friday, 31 July 2020