Raising awareness, supporting community action and building the capacity of groups helps us transition the broader community to a low carbon future.
We encourage Geelong residents to live a more sustainable, low-carbon life by:
- building and retrofitting to create more energy efficient homes
- encouraging an understanding of behaviour changes required to minimise environmental footprints using One Planet Living Principles.
The Smarter Homes, Smarter Living program offers:
- information via the Smarter Homes, Smarter Living Information Booklet and Smarter Homes Smarter Living website, including helpful videos.
- support for and partnering with community events such as Sustainable House Day and sustainable living activities
- support for an Environmental Sustainable Design trial across the region, to encourage developers of commercial and medium density residential projects to aim for better environmental outcomes.
Approved Solar Retailer Program
The Clean Energy Council has proudly announced its 100th Approved Solar
Retailer, highlighting the growth of a program which has now helped tens of
thousands of Australians choose a reputable solar company.
You can view a full list of Approved Solar Retailers on the Solar Accreditation website or you can find out more about how to become an Approved Solar Retailer.
Zero Carbon Emissions Strategy
Read our strategy on reducing our carbon emissions to zero.