There is a total grant pool of $100,000 available under this grant opportunity which was established in collaboration with the Wadawurrung Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation (WTOAC) and is guided by the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006.
This grant has now closed.
Applicants may request the suitable amount of funding that
is required for their project; funding requests cannot exceed the total grant
budget of $100,000.
Who should apply?
Eligible applicants can apply for grants for projects that recognise, protect and preserve
Aboriginal cultural heritage.
Examples of ideas that will be considered include:
- development of a Cultural Heritage Management
Plan (CHMP) for an Aboriginal Heritage Place and objects (including those on the
- activities and works identified in an approved Cultural Heritage Management Plan (CHMP) where they fall within the boundary of the Aboriginal Heritage Place or object or curtilage of the heritage place or
This might include:
- bollards and fencing to protect a site
- projects to record site values including oral histories
- interpretative signage, seating, track work or other activities to enhance visitor’s experiences to a site
- re-establishment of native plants.
- Applications closed: 5:00pm on Monday 20 September 2021