Not all material can be accepted in our hard waste service.
Unacceptable items include:
- mattresses and mattress-style bed bases – these are accepted at our transfer stations
- building materials, including bricks, concrete, rubble, pavers, tiles, soil, rocks, excavation material and waste arising from renovation or demolition
- clay, soil, sand, stones, rubble
- liquids, including paints, oil, automotive fluids, garden sprays and fertilizers
- hazardous or offensive waste, including asbestos and ashes
- car bodies (either whole or dismantled)
- car batteries
- engine blocks
- green waste which can be collected as part of the fortnightly garden waste collection service
- fencing timber exceeding 1.5 metres long or in panels
- paint tins with lids on
- tyres or tyres on rims
- household waste
- commercial or business waste
- industrial waste
- gas bottles or other hazardous material.
View our recycling guide for information about disposing of these items.