Venue programming, court hire and events at BVAC
2018-2019 Summer Futsal League update
We are moving into the business end of the Summer Futsal League for 2018-2019 with the junior component already in finals mode. Pictured are Bell Park FC who won the first of the grand finals 4 – 0 over Drysdale Strikers in the Monday U13s. As this was the first of the finals, the following dates are:
- Wednesday U15 final - 27 February 2019
- Thursday U13 final - 28 February 2019
- Friday U9, U11 and U17 final - 1 March 2019
- Senior finals commence week of 25 March 2019
Here are some quick numbers on the Junior Summer Futsal League 2018-2019:
- 70 registered teams
- 433 games fixtured
- 538 registered participants
- 3748 regular season goals scored!
Barwon Valley Activity Centre and Futsal Geelong are extremely thankful for all involved - players, referees, coaches, team managers, parents and supporters. Without the support of the community, the competitions wouldn’t be what they are today! We hope to see your faces around the center throughout the year, and wish you all the best for your outdoor soccer endeavors.
BVAC will be closed for the following public holidays:
- Labour Day - Monday 11 March 2019
- Easter - (including Belmont Market):
- Friday 19 April 2019
- Saturday 20 April 2019
- Sunday 21 April 2019 and
- Monday 22 April 2019
- Anzac Day - 25 April 2019.
2019 Winter Futsal League
As we conclude the Summer Futsal League we are straight into the preparation for Winter. Futsal Geelong will be again Mens and Mixed futsal competitions at the Barwon Valley Activity Centre throughout Winter.
We are currently seeking team Expressions of Interest with games scheduled to commence the week of 25 March 2019.
For more information email: email@example.com
Casual badmintion - beginning April
Beginning in the first week of April 2019, BVAC will be offering casual badminton program aimed at absolutely anyone! Whether you are an existing player, never picked up a racket before, or a family looking to try something new – all are welcome.
The program will run from April through to August 2019. There are no sign ups required, just come down when you feel like it. $4 per person, per session BYO racket. Weekly session times:
- Mondays from 9:00am to 10:00am
- Tuesdays from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
- Thursday from 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Geelong Vegan Lifestyle Market
The Geelong Vegan Lifestyle Market will be running on Saturday 23 March 2019 and Saturday 27 April 2019.
For more information visit www.veganlifestylemarket.com.au.
Bubble League - beginning April
BVAC is excited to announce our newest user group to the venue. Bubble League will be bouncing into BVAC in April 2019.
Bubble soccer is a sport in which players are half-encased inside an inflated torus bubble, covering the upper body and head. Similar regular soccer rules and objectives apply, with the added element of the bubble!
How it works:
- groups containing four teams
- four teams play a round robin, each playing each other twice (six games)
- teams matched according to weight and gender
- 3 v 3 @ BVAC Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.
For more information or to sign up visit their website www.bubbleleague.com.au.
Improving the user experience
The Belmont Market is endeavoring to improve the experience customers can enjoy on their visit each Sunday morning. Two key focus areas we are targeting is to increase the live entertainment and variety of food vendors on offer.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining the Belmont Market or you have suggestions of improvement, please get in contact via email@example.com
- Buskers at the Belmont Market are required to hold a valid buskers permit which is offered by the City of Greater Geelong.
- Performers or amusements must submit an application in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food vendors at the Belmont Market are required to complete a Food Vendor Application which can be requested via email@example.com
More information can be found on our Belmont Market page.