Planning is progressing well for the Northern ARC project. Council completed a masterplan for the site in 2015 and has recently completed a business case which has now been endorsed.
The new Northern ARC facilities are costed at $61.6 million and will integrate with Barwon Health North; a $33 million health facility being built by the state government on the site.
Services and facilities
These will include:
- 25 metre pool
- hydrotherapy pool
- Learn to Swim pool
- water play area
- spa, sauna and steam room
- gym and group exercise
- multi-purpose community spaces
- consulting suites for maternal child health
- early childhood care
- rehabilitation services.
Current status of Northern ARC
- Council has earmarked $20.6 million in its forward budget to the project.
- Council is seeking state and federal funding for the remaining $41 million for the project.
- State Government has commenced construction of the Barwon Health North facility, with construction expected to be completed by mid-2019.
Concept design for the new health and wellbeing hub has progressed well and the design team have now moved into the Schematic design phase following the recent endorsement of the Concept design. Schematic design is expected to be completed in the coming months. will commence in early 2018.
Community engagement was a success for this project and has had some very positive influences on the design and overall intent of the facility. Council and dwp carried out a number of different sessions, including one-on-one workshops with key community grops, community drop in sessions and large focus groups.
Need to know more...
Contact Krystin by email: KAquilina@geelongcity.vic.gov.au.