Planning is progressing well for the Northern ARC project. Council completed a masterplan for the site in 2015 and has recently completed a business case which has now been endorsed.
The new Northern ARC facilities are costed at $61.6 million and will integrate with Barwon Health North; a $33 million health facility being built by the state government on the site.
Services and facilities
These will include:
- 25 metre pool
- hydrotherapy pool
- Learn to Swim pool
- water play area
- spa, sauna and steam room
- gym and group exercise
- multi-purpose community spaces
- consulting suites for maternal child health
- early childhood care
- rehabilitation services.
Current status of Northern ARC
- Council has earmarked $20.6 million in its forward budget to the project.
- Council is seeking state and federal funding for the remaining $41 million for the project.
- State Government has commenced construction of the Barwon Health North facility, with construction expected to be completed by mid-2019.
The schematic design stage for the Health and Wellbeing Hub
is now complete. We gained valuable input and feedback from an extensive
community engagement process which involved a wide variety of existing users,
community groups and local sporting clubs.
We would like to acknowledge and thank the many community members that
provided comments which has helped in refining the plans to deliver improved
functionality and accessibility across many areas of the new facility. The
schematic design has now been endorsed and the detailed design phase has
The next phase of design is the final stage. We will continue to lobby both State and Federal governments to secure the
remaining $41 million required to build this state of the art facility. We currently only have a commitment of $20.6
million from our Council so we encourage the community to continue to advocate and
support this exciting project for the northern suburbs.
Need to know more...
Contact Krystin by email: KAquilina@geelongcity.vic.gov.au.