Report a lost or found animal

If you have lost or found a dog or cat.

Lost your dog or cat...

  • Check with your local vet, Geelong Animal Welfare Society (GAWS) & Geelong Animal Emergency (GAE).
    If a member of the public has found your animal, they are likely to take it to one of these places.
  • Post on Social Media, for example: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
    It is a very effective way of communicating with the public/people in your area.
  • If your animal is collected by our officers and is currently registered with the City of Greater Geelong and the contact details are up to date our offices will call you! If officers are unable to make contact your dog or cat will be taken to Geelong Animal Welfare Society (GAWS)

Found a dog or cat...

After hours

During business hours

  • If you can contain the animal – call us and our collections officer can come pick the animal up during our business hours (between 8:00 to 6:00pm).
    City officers make every attempt to contact the owner when a pet is found so they can be reunited as quickly as possible.
    It is important that your dog or cat is wearing it's registration tag and that the microchip owner details are up to date.
    You can supply more than one contact person to be recorded on your pets registration. If you need to update any contact details please call 03 5272 5272.
  • If your dog or cat  is not wearing a registration tag or the microchip owner details are not up to date and we are unable to contact the owner, the animal is taken to the GAWS.

Page last updated: Wednesday, 3 February 2021