Subdivision of land

Your options for subdividing your land will depend on its zoning and any overlay that applies to it.

The Greater Geelong Planning Scheme outlines whether you need a Planning Permit, and the matters you need to consider when applying to subdivide your land.

To subdivide your land you may have to provide:

  • car parking (for existing buildings)

  • drainage

  • open space, reserves or parkland

  • naturestrip landscaping

  • roads and other infrastructure

  • utilities such as:       

    • electricity

    • gas

    • sewage

    • telephone

    • water

Is this information helpful?
Yes No

Page last updated: Monday, 5 March 2018