Steps and payment information when requesting an assessment by Geelong Regional Certifying Body.
Please note: the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Direct Entry (DE) is now closed new applications. The Geelong RCB will continue to assess RSMS applications for both the Geelong and Ballarat RCB regions that were lodged with the Department of Home Affairs before the closing date.
The Geelong RCB is now assessing applications from the Geelong RCB region only for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (SESR) (Provisional) visa (subclass 494).
You must have read all the information on our Geelong Regional Certifying Body page as well as all information below.
Answers to common questions can also be found below.
Payment for a Request for Assessment by the Geelong Regional Certifying Body is a pre-paid non-refundable $550 including GST.
Download and complete the Geelong RCB Application Form and Checklist and upon completion of all of the checklist requirements lodge documents by:
- Hand delivering over the counter at 100 Brougham Street Geelong or
- Via post (with payment enclosed) to:
Geelong Regional Certifying Body
PO Box 104
Geelong Vic 3220
You must provide documents to support all claims made in your application.
It is in your interest to provide as much relevant information as possible with your request for assessment.
Ensure you submit the latest Geelong RCB Checklist (December 2019)
Please do not use staples.
There will be no refunds for poorly prepared documentation submitted for assessment by the Geelong RCB.
Applications that do not supply an appropriate sized envelope for the return of documents will be destroyed on
completion of assessment (pick up can be arranged if specified on delivery).
Method of payment
The Geelong RCB Request for Assessment fee of $550 inclusive GST can be paid for by:
- credit card* (VISA or Mastercard) over the counter to Customer Service staff at 100 Brougham Street Geelong
- credit card authority*
- cheques (made out to the City of Greater Geelong)
- Eftpos/cash over the counter to Customer Service staff at 100 Brougham Street Geelong
*A payment processing fee of 0.55% applies to credit card payments.
- Customer Service staff issue receipts for payments made over the counter.
- Receipts for payment of an assessment received by mail will be included in the return envelope with the completed RCB Assessment.
- Overseas migration should only be considered as a last resort and when all other options to attract Australian workers have been exhausted.
- The Geelong RCB uses its knowledge of the local labour market, its own research and considers the evidence provided by employers in providing advice to the Department of Home Affairs regarding the nominated POSITION.
- The Geelong RCB advises that Requests for Assessments for RSMS applications are currently taking at least 8 weeks to reach processing. The assessment time can be impacted by the number of RCB assessments requested at a given point in time and the amount of research required on each.
- The Geelong RCB does not issue advice that we have received a Request for Assessment by mail. If you are concerned about the receipt of a Request for Assessment please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating the name of the nominating business, the position to be assessed and when the request was sent.
- If the RCB is not satisfied and advises the Department of Home Affairs and the employer to this effect, the RCB is under no obligation and will not enter in to any correspondence or have any contact with the nominating organisation or their representative regarding the assessment.
- Regional Certifying Body Assessments are valid for 3 months (RSMS) from the date of the completed Form 1404.
- If you resubmit a RCB Request for Assessment there will be another assessment charge of $550 inclusive of GST.
- If the applicant’s current visa is due to expire within the processing time, please contact The Department of Home Affairs or a migration Agent for advice.
If you have read all of the available information and have a specific question, email the Geelong RCB (email@example.com) with your enquiry.