Steps and payment information when requesting an assessment by Geelong Regional Certifying Body.
The Geelong Regional Certifying Body is now only receiving Requests for Assessment by post.
Please note: the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Direct Entry (DE) is now closed to new applications. The Geelong RCB will continue to assess RSMS applications for both the Geelong and Ballarat RCB regions that were lodged with the Department of Home Affairs before the closing date.
The Geelong RCB is now assessing applications from the Geelong RCB region only for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (SESR) (Provisional) visa (subclass 494).
Commerce Ballarat will be assessing applications from the Ballarat RCB region for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (SESR) (Provisional) visa (subclass 494).
You must have read all the information on our Geelong Regional Certifying Body page as well as all information below.
Answers to common questions can be found below.
Payment for a Request for Assessment by the Geelong Regional Certifying Body is a pre-paid non-refundable $550 including GST.
Download and complete the Geelong RCB Application Form and Checklist and upon completion of all of the checklist requirements lodge documents (including a copy of your tax invoice email receipt) via post to:
Geelong Regional Certifying Body
PO Box 104
Geelong Vic 3220
Ensure you submit the latest Geelong RCB Application Form and Checklist
You must provide evidence to support all claims made in your application.
It is in your interest to provide as much relevant information as possible with your request for assessment.
The Geelong RCB requests documents as required for Employer 494 visa applications to assist us to provide thorough advice to the Department of Home Affairs.
Applications that do not supply an appropriate sized envelope for the return of all documents will be destroyed on
completion of assessment.
Please do not use staples.
Method of payment
The Geelong RCB Request for Assessment fee of $550 inclusive GST must be paid before an application will be processed.
- Payment can be made online - by credit or debit card* (VISA or Mastercard)
- A copy of the tax invoice email receipt you receive after completing payment must be included with you application.
PAY FOR A Geelong Regional Certifying Body Assessment
*A payment processing fee of 0.59% applies.
- Overseas migration should only be considered as a last resort and when all other options to attract Australian workers have been exhausted. The Geelong RCB uses its knowledge of the local labour market, its own research and considers the evidence provided by employers in providing advice to the Department of Home Affairs regarding the nominated POSITION.
- The Geelong RCB does not issue advice that we have received a Request for Assessment. If you are concerned about the receipt of a Request for Assessment please email ([email protected]) stating the name of the nominating business, the position to be assessed and when the request was sent.
- If the RCB is not satisfied and advises the Department of Home Affairs and the employer to this effect, the RCB is under no obligation and will not enter in to any correspondence or have any contact with the nominating organisation or their representative regarding the assessment.
- Regional Certifying Body Assessments are valid for 3 months (RSMS) from the date of the completed Form 1404.
- If you resubmit a RCB Request for Assessment there will be another assessment charge of $550 inclusive of GST.
- If the applicant’s current visa is due to expire within the processing time, please contact The Department of Home Affairs or a Migration Agent for advice.
If you have read all of the available information and have a specific question, email the Geelong RCB ([email protected]) with your inquiry.