What does a road, your shirt and a baby food jar all have in common? They can all be made using the items you put in your recycling bin!
Your recycling efforts really do make a difference and the proof is in the very products you use every day.
When you recycle, you not only give material a chance to become something new, you divert it from the landfill.
You also save energy and natural resources by minimising the need to mine for new materials.
There are a range of products made from your recycling, including:
- paper - telephone directories, kitty litter, plasterboard, egg cartons and cardboard boxes and kitty litter
- cardboard - paper bags, new cardboard, paperboard
- magazines - paperboard and newspapers
- plastics - wheelie bins, clothing, pallets, carpet fibre, signage, sleeping bag and jacket lining, outdoor furniture like seats, bollards and play equipment, frisbees, plastic bottles and buckets
- glass - new glass bottles, fibreglass and road base
- aluminium - bike and car parts, appliances, new cans, door and window frames
- steel - steel cans, car and bike parts, appliances.