Kerb side numbering

Kerb side numbering is available to help identify your property.

Kerb side numbering displays your property or street number in white paint on a black or blue background on the vertical surface of the kerb.

Kerb side numbering can assist people to find your property quickly and easily including emergency services vehicles, however it is not compulsory to have.

Guidelines and specifications

We have guidelines and specifications on the correct way to display your house or street number on the kerb side. Authorised contractors hold a permit to undertake this work and are bound to operate in accordance with Council standards. Permits are issued for a period of 12 months.

Please ask for a copy of the permit number and a contact name/phone number from all contractors offering to do kerb numbering. If you are not sure, don't agree to the work.

Kerb side numbering requirements

The kerb side is actually part of our property so we need any contractors to be aware of:

Kerb side numbering permits

Contractors must apply to us for a permit to paint your street number on the kerb side and must be aware of the following documents:

  1. Guidelines for kerb side numbering

  2. Specifications for kerb side numbering 

  3. Application Permit for kerb side numbering

  4. Kerb side numbering renewal application

Permit costs

A Minor Works Within Road Reserve Permit is required to undertake kerb side numbering.  Permits are valid for 12 months and are code MINW02. 

Available contractors

Contractor Contact details  Permit Expiry 
Victorian Numbering Services   James Sannos
0415 190 058
19 May 2018
Trevor Gale Kerbside Numbering  0407 048 081  01 November 2018

Please note

We have received advice that some contractors not listed above have been operating within the City and have received complaints regarding the standard of their work.

If the contractor is not listed above they do not hold a current permit to work on roads within the City.

Residents are warned not to engage a non-registered contractor to install kerb numbering and to notify Council should you be approached.

Page last updated: Tuesday, 7 November 2017