Request video footage from a Safe City Camera

We (the City of Greater Geelong) own and maintain the CCTV camera system located in Central Geelong and other locations such as Portarlington, Ocean Grove, Barwon Heads, Drysdale and Belmont. 

Police manage, download and analyze any video footage recorded by these CCTV camera systems. There is a limited time frame that these camera systems can store video footage.

Any requests for footage from these cameras must be directed to Victoria Police either in person at the Geelong police station or by calling 03 5225 3100.

Before Police will consider assessing and or downloading any footage, the incident must be first reported to Police and an incident number raised.

When you contact Victoria Police to request obtaining video footage from a Safe City Camera you will need to tell them:

  • your name
  • your contact details
  • the location of the camera
  • the details of the incident/alleged crime that occurred
  • the incident number
  • time frame of incident

Page last updated: Tuesday, 3 December 2019