We are offering a large array of free and paid activities during the summer school holidays.
Geelong Regional Libraries events
Libraries across the City are hosting a range of school holiday programs over the summer to entertain young people up to 25 years. View our ‘What’s on at the Library’ brochure for a list of activities, as well as dates and running times.
- DIY Ukuleles at Waurn Ponds Library
- Harry Potter Polymer Charm crafts
- Summer Mix; Green Screen photography, Virtual Reality, 3D printing, games on the big screen, and art
- Friday Flicks: Join us for screenings of cinema greats on the big screen at the Leopold Hub
- Millennials’ book chat
- Virtual Reality experiences
- Green Screen experience: suitable for the whole family
- 3D Modelling: Discover and learn more advanced 3D design techniques and Design a phone stand
Central Geelong activities
Central Geelong is also contributing to the school holiday fun by putting on events throughout the City, for more information visit the Central Geelong website.
- Green Spine Explorers: discover the friendly faces on the trees of the Green Spine these school holidays with a fun, self-lead adventure
- Giant Sky Wheel: Take a ride on the Southern Hemisphere’s largest travelling Ferris Wheel and get a fantastic view of the Floating Christmas Tree and the waterfront
- Take part in the Central Geelong Christmas trail and explore Christmas in the City. For more information on the great events and activities on the trail, visit the Central Geelong Christmas website.
National Wool Museum activities
The National Wool Museum’s interactive story-time, ‘Where is the Green Sheep?’ is brought to life with songs, games and crafts. Suitable for children 2-5 years old. View the event page for more information and how to book.
The National Wool Museum is also hosting a Youth Photography Workshop, on how to create a photo essay, with Doug Gimesy. The workshop is open to 15-18 year olds and will be held on 20 January 2020. View the event page for more information.
Leisure centre activities
School Holiday activities are on at Splashdown this summer. Take advantage of:
- half price super Sundays from 12 January to 26 January 2020
- free Waterslide Wednesdays from 8 January to 22 January 2020 and
- cheap $2 Thursday with discounted entry all day long from 9 January to 23 January 2020.
Splashdown is hosting:
- a diving workshop on 13 January 2020 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- a safety workshop on 20 January from 12:00pm to 1:00pm and
- a screening of ‘Small Foot’ at Splashdown on 11 January 2010 - bring your own chair or beanbag, includes popcorn and icy-poles.
Family Fun Days are taking place at both Lara Aquatic Centre and Waterworld in January. Enjoy a great day out with plenty of activities to keep the whole family entertained, with pool games, face painting, DJ Ali, Webstar meet and greet, and prizes and giveaways! View the event pages for more information.
Potato Shed activities
Are you a young musician? The Potato Shed, Blues boot-camp is coming to the Bellarine. Learn new theoretical and practical musical skills led by trained and experienced industry professionals.View the event page for more information and how to book.
Or, if you prefer to sit back watch the magic happen, get your tickets to the Potato Shed’s ‘Pinocchio’. Various times from 14 January 2020 to 17 January 2020. View the event page for more information and how to book your tickets.
Councillor Stephanie Asher - Mayor
With a full calendar of fun activities for kids at council facilities over summer, families will be entertained all holidays.
There’s something for everyone, from enjoying the warm weather at the pool, to learning something new at the library.
We’re excited for young people to get busy during the holidays and enjoy everything we have to offer.