Most small businesses need to apply for certain permits and registration before they can start trading.
Submitting a business approval application is intended to be a 'one stop shop' for all small business owners, so you can get all your paper work out of the way and get down to business.
Download the single application form below and guidelines below and complete it and return it with required documentation to the City by:
- sending it by post to: City of Greater Geelong, PO Box 104, GEELONG VIC 3220
- emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- dropping it in to our customer service centre at 100 Brougham Street, Geelong
How do I pay for my registrations and permits?
You do not have to pay for most permits and registrations until after you submit your application. However, a planning permit will only be assessed once payment has been made.
There are many payment options available:
- dropping into our customer service centre at 100 Brougham St, Geelong
- over the phone by contacting us on 03 5272 5272
- using a credit card authority form below and submitted with your application
What happens after I submit the application online?
You will receive an automatic email response letting you know we’ve received your application.
The length of time it will take to assess your application will vary depending on which permit you are applying for and your individual situation.
Need more help?
Contact us on 03 5272 5272 if you need help.
If you believe setting up your business may require multiple permits, or if you’re new to the permits approvals process, you can request free assistance from our Business Concierge. They will get your application started by inviting you to
meet with specialist members of our team to discuss your business proposal in detail. From there, you can also request support with filling out the form.