Project Update - May 2020
We’ve prepared a draft Concept Plan for Aldershot Reserve, St Albans Park. The design has been developed by an external consultant team and is based on:
The Concept Plan is open for feedback until 9 June 2020 - click here to tell us what you think.
- Feedback from the community;
Feedback was sought at the end of 2019 through a postcard mail-out, two on-site engagement events and an online survey. A number of written submissions were also received. Overall, more than 250 people participated in the consultation.
- A commissioned report by an expert in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED);
- Input from relevant City of Greater Geelong departments;
- A presentation to the City of Greater Geelong Youth Council
This engagement has comprised the following:
• Distribution of postcards to the neighbourhood surrounding the reserve, notifying people of the 2 on-site engagement events and providing a link to the on-line questionnaire.
• An on-line survey open during December 2019 that received 206 responses.
• On-site engagement events:
• A weekday evening engagement event held on the site between 4pm and 6pm
on Wednesday 11th December. There were approximately 30 attendees.
• A weekend morning engagement event held on the site between 10am and
12pm on Saturday 14th December. There were approximately 20 attendees.
• A number of written submissions (some including plan proposals) have been made via email or in person at on-site engagement events.
The findings are being used to inform the next stage of the project with a concept plan to be prepared and presented back to the community in the first half of 2020.