Are you our first Junior Mayor?
Nominations for our first Youth Council have now closed.
Stay tuned, voting will be underway soon! We will be announcing successful applicants for youth council in mid-late December!
As a youth councillor, you will:
- provide an opportunity for the voice of Geelong’s youth to be considered in the decision making of the Council
- provide advice to the Council on specific issues;
- plan and implement a Youth Summit
- interpret findings from the Annual Youth Survey and provide advice to the Youth Development Unit on priority work areas
- attend and participate in Youth Council meetings with the support of Councillors and our Youth Development team
- attend and be part of local community events
- elect a Youth Mayor and Deputy Mayor.
- All applications will be assessed by the Youth Development Unit and members of Youth Advisory Groups across the Local Government Area.
- One vote per member of the Youth Advisory Groups.
- The City will circulate electronic voting forms to registered members of the Youth Advisory Groups who are registered to vote
Need to know more...
For more information or support please contact:
Coordinator Youth Development
03 5272 4558